In the eyes of many consumers, 304 stainless steel and 201 stainless steel are almost indistinguishable with the naked eye. Here are some methods to distinguish 304 from 201.
1. Specifications: the commonly used stainless steel plates are divided into 201 and 304 models. Actually, they are made of different components.
2. 201 consists of 17cr-4.5 ni-6mn-n, which is a substitute steel of section Ni and 301 steel. Magnetic after cold processing for railway vehicles.
3. 304 consists of 18cr-9ni, which is the most widely used stainless steel and heat resistant steel. Used in food production equipment, xitong chemical equipment, nuclear energy, etc.
4. 201 is high in manganese, with a bright surface with dark black brightness, high in manganese and easy to rust. 304 contains more chrome, the surface appears matte, not rusting. The two are put together to have a comparison. The corrosion resistance of the most important thing is different, the corrosion resistance of 201 is very poor, so the price will be much cheaper. And since 201 nickel is low, so the price is lower than that of the 304, and corrosion resistant performance is better than 304.
The difference between 201 and 304 is nickel. And the price of 304 is quite expensive now, but 304 can at least guarantee that it won't rust in use. (use stainless steel solution for experiment)
6. Stainless steel is not easy to rust because the formation of chrome-rich oxide on the surface of steel body can protect steel body. 201 materials belong to high-manganese stainless steel with greater hardness than 304 and high carbon and low nickel.
7. Different compositions (mainly from carbon, manganese, nickel and chrome to distinguish 201 from 304 stainless steel)
Steel grade carbon (C) silicon (Si), manganese (Mn), phosphorus (P), sulfur (S), chromium (Cr), nickel (Ni), molybdenum (Mo), copper (Cu)
AISI(304) is less than or equal to 0.08, less than or equal to 1.00, less than or equal to 2.00, less than or equal to 0.045, less than or equal to 0.03, 18-20, 8-10
AISI (201) or less 0.15 1.00 1.00 5.5 0.05 0.03 or less or less or less 16 to 18, 3.5 to 5.5